Sadhana Yoga Retreat invites you to begin your yoga journey with our month-long Yoga Teacher Training Course in Pokhara, Nepal. This 30-day residential program enables you to not only learn and teach yoga, but also to learn healthy eating, taking care of your body, meditation practices from the bhakti tradition, yogic cleansing (shatkarma) and making yoga part of your lifestyle. Our yoga teachers are highly experienced and qualified professionals with specialization in traditional hatha and astanga-yoga, vinyasa. At the end of this course you will obtain sufficient knowledge, confidence and self-discipline in yogic lifestyle and practices to teach yoga.
Yoga Teaching Methodology: Classes include various techniques for improving your skills as a yoga teacher, including
· Practical workshops where you will practice teaching
· Lessons on yoga sequence creation
· Techniques to properly teach the principles of yoga
· Skills for assisting, encouraging, caring and guiding the progress of students
· Methods for managing your yoga class
· Guidelines for being an ethical yoga teacher
Technique Training: You’ll practice asanas, pranayama, bandhas, kriyas and cleansing routines. During your practice you’ll learn about proper form, alignment and the reasons why all of these aspects of yoga are so important. You’ll learn about multiple forms of yoga, including Hatha and Ashtanga.
Lectures on Yoga Philosophy: Lessons on yoga philosophy will include information on the 8 limbs of yoga, Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, chakras, nadis and pancha-koshas. Don’t worry if all of these terms are new to you, that’s why you’re attending this program!
Anatomy and Physiology: During these lessons you’ll gain a basic knowledge of various body systems. We’ll learn about the functions of various organs, the endocrine glands and other systems which are affected by your yoga practice. You’ll also learn about the health benefits of a yoga practice, as well as precautions that are important to take to avoid contraindications and injuries.
Service (Seva): Students will assist to serve meals and perform group cleaning activities. They may also participate in community work during their yoga teacher training course.
Basic Sanskrit: Our Sanskrit lessons will give you a basic introduction to the language of Sanskrit, the Sanskrit words most commonly used in yoga, the sutras and mantra recitation.
During the final week of your course, we will conduct assessments and evaluate what you’ve learned. For successful completion of our course, each participant must attend all classes, submit a summary of what he learned, show an understanding of skills needed to teach yoga and make a presentation on a yoga topic of her own choosing. Your successful completion of our course and final examination are required for you to gain your yoga teacher certification. These are the criteria we will grade upon:
· Regular attendance of all classes (including satsanga and seva).
· Enthusiasm and positive attitude during practical asana, pranayama and kriya classes.
· Yoga teaching skills.
· Passing score on written examination on the theories of yoga.
· Completion of weekly assignments.
· Giving a final presentation.
Interested students with a humble heart and self-motivation to learn are encouraged to apply. You don’t need to be a yoga teacher or have any prior experience to attend. Practitioners of any age over 18 may apply. We welcome students who are:
· Enthusiastic to learn traditional yoga combined with yoga philosophy and meditation practices.
· Want to apply yoga to their lifestyle and learn more about themselves.
· Have a reasonable understanding of English, as all classes are in English.
Wake up 5:30
Herbal Tea 6:00
Shatkarma (yogic cleansing) 6:15
Pranayama & Chanting 6:30
Yogasana (posture) 7:30
Yoga anatomy 10:30
Yoga philosophy 11:30
Yogic breathing &
Yoga nidra 4:30
Hatha/Ashtanga yogasana 5:00
Pranayama & Meditation 6:45
Lights off 9:30
Yoga teaching, accommodation, all meals (lunch, breakfast, dinner, tea), filtered water, certificate, complimentary massage at the end, sadhana printed
T-shirt, course manual and notebook.